This clinic consists of two branches, one for female patients and another for male patients, with each branch staffed by the best technicians and the most knowledgeable physiotherapists available. Our physiotherapists do not focus solely on the treatment and diagnosis of injuries, but also work with patients and their families to educate them about the injury and the recovery process, or how to prevent further injuries caused by bad posture or particular movements which may hurt the body. They also teach patients how to maintain their physical health and explain the lifestyle changes needed to regain normalcy post-injury
Which cases require physiotherapy?
- Physiotherapy is one of the most important medical specialties, focusing on the alleviation of pain and the treatment of injuries through a combination of mechanical force (bio mechanics) and movement, exercise therapy and electrotherapy. These treatments correct impairments and promote mobility and function.
- Our physiotherapists use various techniques and therapeutic treatments in cases where movement and function are limited by aging, injury, surgery or disease.
- Physiotherapy for patients post-operation or for sports-related injuries
- Physiotherapy for childhood illnesses such as cerebral palsy
- Cases of multiple sclerosis and stroke
- In cases of severe muscle spasms, slipped discs and scoliosis
- Helps alleviate pain and swelling
- Helps alleviate pain caused by inflammation of the joints or by arthritis, as well as ligament inflammation (enthesopy) and rheumatism
- Helps alleviate pain caused by chronic and severe lower back conditions, as well as sciatica
- Lessens severe neck cramps, as well as the pain which accompanies a cervical herniated disc (neck disc)
The physiotherapy clinic treats a range of conditions, including women’s health (for example, post-reproductive surgeries) and offering physiotherapy to the elderly in order to help maintain mobility and independence, or for rehabilitation after a fall or after the diagnosis of Parkinson Disease. Physiotherapy could benefit patients with mental disorders, by boosting their self-esteem and wellbeing through exercise. The clinic also focuses on workplace physiotherapy for career-related health issues, such as bad posture which can exacerbate pre-existing health conditions.
To get the best results, we’ve equipped our physiotherapy department with the latest technology and equipment, including:
- The latest electrotherapy machines
- The latest therapeutic ultrasound machines
- Kinesiology (physiotherapy) taping
- Heat or thermotherapy
- Ultraviolet radiation therapy
- Proprioception / Balance Exercises
- Massage therapy
- Physiotherapy instrument mobilization
- Biomechanical analysis including gait analysis and core strengthening