Nutrition and Dietotherapy
Saba Medical Clinics’ Nutrition and Dietotherapy clinic aims to educate our patients on the best approach to weight loss and achieving a healthy weight, without clients feeling they need to resort to extreme calorie restriction. Our dietetic professionals equip our patients with all the information they need in order to make significant and long-term lifestyle changes, not only helping them reach their optimum weight, but enabling them to maintain it and live a fuller, healthier life in the future.
Why visit a nutritionist?
Is helping you lose weight the job of a nutritionist?
What are eating disorders?
Eating disorders are a range of psychological disorders characterized by abnormal eating patterns, an unhealthy relationship to food and a sufferer’s distorted perception of their own size and shape. Eating disorders cause those affected to either severely restrict their calorie intake, to over-eat or to ‘binge’.
What effects does an eating disorder have?
- Patients become obsessed with being ‘the perfect weight’
- Patients have a dysmorphic self-image
- Patients work out, diet to the extreme and weigh themselves obsessively
- Eating disorders are usually accompanied by other mood or psychological disorders such as depression or anxiety
- Eating disorders usually stem from sociological, psychological or genetic issues
- Eating disorders are more prevalent in female patients, particularly adolescents
- Disorders are much more complex than the patient’s relationship with food. They affect the long-term health and wellbeing of patients, and should be considered a serious medical condition
- The main types of eating disorders are: