The appropriate collection, use, and disclosure of patients’ personal health information are fundamental to our day-to-day operations and to patient care.Protecting the privacy and the confidentiality of patient personal information is important to the physicians and staff at Saba Medical Clinics. We strive to provide our patients with excellent medical care and service. Every member of The Saba Medical Clinics must abide by our commitment to privacy in the handling of personal information.
What is Personal Health Information?Personal health information means identifying information about an individual relating to their physical or mental health (including medical history), the providing of health care to the individual, payments or eligibility for health care, organ and tissue donation, and health number.
2. Identifying Purposes: Why We Collect InformationWe ask you for information to establish a relationship and serve your medical needs. We obtain most of our information about you directly from you, or from other health practitioners whom you have seen and authorized to disclose to us. You are entitled to know how we use your information and this is described in the Privacy Statement posted at Saba Medical.
We will limit the information we collect to what we need for those purposes, and we will use it only for those purposes.
3. ConsentYou have the right to determine how your personal health information is used and disclosed. For most health care purposes, your consent is implied as a result of your consent to treatment.
4. Limiting CollectionWe collect information by fair and lawful means and collect only that information that may be necessary for purposes related to the provision of your medical care.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and RetentionThe information we request from you is used for the purposes defined. We will seek your consent before using the information for purposes beyond the scope of the posted Privacy Statement. Under no circumstances do we sell patient lists or other personal information to third parties.
6. AccuracyWe endeavor to ensure that all decisions involving your personal information are based upon accurate and timely information. While we will do our best to base our decisions on accurate information, we rely on you to disclose all material information and to inform us of any relevant changes.
7. Safeguards: Protecting Your InformationWe protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. The Practice maintains personal information in a combination of paper and electronic files. Recent paper records concerning individuals’ personal information are stored in files kept onsite at our office. Older records may be stored securely offsite. Access to personal information will be authorized only for the physicians and employees associated with the Practice, and other agents who require access in the performance of their duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
Our computer systems are password-secured and constructed in such a way that only authorized individuals can access secure systems and databases.
9. Access and CorrectionWith limited exceptions, we will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. We may charge you a fee for this service and if so, we will give you notice in advance of processing your request.
If you find errors of fact in your personal health information, please notify us as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate corrections. We are not required to correct information relating to clinical observations or opinions made in good faith. You have a right to append a short statement of disagreement to your record if we refuse to make a requested change. If we deny your request for access to your personal information, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may then challenge our decision.
In most cases, an issue is resolved simply by telling us about it and discussing it. You can reach us at: Phone Number: 920008470